Monday, May 25, 2009

Service

Recently, I was able to post a small introduction about myself on a Facebook group so I thought that I could also post this on my blog: My name is Jose A. Saenz, from Visalia, California, and I have been participating as a Y-Group Leader since Fall 2006. Ever since then, I have been able to help many students get adjusted and begin their new college life here at BYU. It always brings me a smile whenever I run into one of the students from my previous groups, and even during these recent times, I am even running into those who returning back from their missions. This is now my fifth year at BYU and will be finally graduating this August 2009 with a degree in Geography. I also been involved with BYUSA for four years: two years as a representative on the Student Advisory Council, two years ago as a Executive Director for the Student Advisory Council and just this past school year as a Presidential Initiatives Director. I also served as a Peer Mentor for the Foundations of Leadership Conference these past two years and it has been a lot of fun getting to know the new incoming freshman and helping and preparing them to get adjusted to the college life. I am looking forward to serve as a Y-Group Leader and this will be my last time before I graduate and to make a difference here at BYU.

1 comment:

grant olsen said...

Keep up the good work, Jose! That's exciting that you'll be graduating in August! Congrats!